A lot of homeowners don’t think about it, but your house’s insulation is one of the most important features when it comes to energy saving. Proper insulation helps even the most energy-efficient heating and AC systems function better, and reduces utility costs year-round. Yet for too many people, their insulation is out of sight, out of mind.
That’s why Logan Home Energy Services is here to remind you that we provide Winston-Salem insulation services for a full range of properties. Our professional, experienced technicians know how to provide insulation for old houses and new ones, and can install either a small amount or completely new insulation altogether. As a locally-owned and operated service company, you can trust us to provide honest, upfront prices, never tacking on hidden fees or surcharges at the last-minute. And with free in-home consultations available upon request, it never hurts to call Logan Home Energy Services to get an estimate on attic and crawlspace insulation in Winston-Salem.
To learn more about what our insulation experts can do for you, call (336) 203-7630 now.
Blown-in insulation is a mix of fiberglass or cellulose that's literally “blown into” openings in walls to fill in gaps in insulation. Also known as “blow in” or just “blown” insulation, this material is extremely effective at patching up homes that do not need complete insulation replacement but could benefit from an upgrade. It’s also extremely cost-effective, perfect for locking in temperatures in an unfinished attic, and can be installed just as easily as regular fiberglass insulation. At Logan Home Energy Services, we are thrilled to be able to provide blown-in insulation for all our customers, as we are always looking for ways to help local homeowners achieve greater savings and comfort.
Our certified energy experts at Logan Home Energy Services always stress the importance of attic insulation, as this is one of the areas in your home where air tends to leak out most. Proper attic insulation may help reduce your heating and cooling costs by as much as 40%, and help lock in temperatures for improved comfort from season to season. There are a ton of reasons your attic insulation can wear down over time, from leaks in the ceiling to rats and mice that tear up your insulation and cover it with droppings. Either way, if your energy bills have been steadily rising lately, consider calling us for an inspection so we can take a look at your attic insulation ASAP.
You may be experiencing poor attic insulation if:
- Rooms located below the attic get too hot or too cold, even when other parts of the house remain comfortable.
- Attic floor joists can be seen above or between existing attic insulation.
- There are recessed “can” lights in the ceiling directly below the attic.
- The ductwork in your attic is exposed above the insulation.
- Your electric bills or HVAC costs are extremely high.
- You are experiencing a lot of cold drafts during the wintertime.
- You have less than 10 inches of existing attic insulation.
Crawlspaces – the shallow structures located right above the dirt under your home – are another area that can greatly benefit from insulation, though people tend to forget about this area even more than their attic. Crawlspace insulation can also suffer from wear and tear due to the elements, as well as rodent infestations, and to make matters worse, insulation in this part of your home is a prime location for mold growth.
Pay attention to whether the floor directly above your crawlspace is extra cold during the winter, and if you have to keep the heat going constantly to warm rooms around your crawlspace. You should also look out for fiberglass batt insulation jutting out in the space between your floorboards and crawlspace. And of course, pay attention to signs of mold and infestations, and if your energy bills keep going up over time, do not hesitate to contact an experienced professional and have your insulation checked out. At Logan Home Energy Services, we specialize in rigid foam insulation, which has several advantages over traditional fiberglass, and is the perfect material to use in your crawlspace.
Benefits of insulating your crawlspace with rigid foam include:
- Reliability: Unlike fiberglass insulation, rigid foam won’t compress, fall out of place, or lose its R-value (temperature difference rating) over time. Basically, it's a "once-and-done" improvement!
- Effective Air Sealing: When joints between foam panels are taped, rigid foam stops air leaks that can waste energy. Fiberglass insulation can’t stop air movement in this way.
- Moisture Protection: Rigid foam doesn’t absorb moisture or get damaged by it, which means that mold can’t take hold of it.
- Better Ductwork Performance: Ducts located in the crawlspace benefit from rigid foam installed against the walls, as it means less air loss during HVAC operation
Locations Across North Carolina At Logan Home Energy Solutions we can help large amounts of customers throughout a very expansive territory of North Carolina. Find a location near you and contact us today.
“They are always professional, honest in the advice, and recommendations they provide.”
Don’t miss out on energy savings simply because you have poor insulation! At Logan Home Energy Services, we proudly offer specials and financing options as well as rebates and warranties to ensure our work is affordable for everyone. With a great reputation across Central North Carolina and accreditation from the Better Business Bureau dating back to 1972, you can trust our skilled and experienced professionals to get the job done right every time. We are even available 24/7 for emergency repairs, because we care that much about going above and beyond for our community.