Start Saving Money Today
Let’s take a look at a few ways you can save money on energy starting today:
- Lower your water heater thermostat setting. It should be set at 120 degrees, which is warm enough to provide hot water throughout the house without wasting energy or creating a scalding threat.
- Check your appliance documentation and learn how to use energy savings settings. You should find these settings on your refrigerator, dishwasher, washing machine and clothes dryer.
- Replace your burned -out incandescent bulbs with CFL or LED bulbs. These lamps can save you 75 percent or more on your lighting costs. You will find a multitude of styles available so you can choose exactly what you need.
- Check the age and condition of your major appliances. The refrigerator is a major candidate for this. If the refrigerator is more than 10 years old, you should consider replacing it with a newer model for big cost savings.
- Check and replace the filter on your air conditioner, furnace or heat pump. A clogged filter makes the system work harder, which drives up your energy costs.
- If you have a waterbed, be sure that you made the bed this morning. The covers will help insulate the water and lower the energy costs while keeping it heated.
These are a few ways to save energy dollars. If you want to talk with an HVAC professional on how to save even more, contact us today at Logan Heating, Air Conditioning & Electric. We provide quality services in the Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem area.